Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Preparing for God

This is really a short little summary of king Jotham. Did you notice that we are told both
1. how old Jotham was when he became king (25 years) and
2. how long he reigned (16 years)
exactly twice at the beginning and end of this chapter. Why is that? There has to be a reason (this much I have learned over the years), but what that reason is I don't know yet.

What strikes me most as I read it is verse 6:


"So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the LORD his God."
Yet another reminder of how God blesses those who seek him and make room in their lives to do his will. I interpret "prepared his ways" to mean made room for God. In other words he planned his daily life around God and lived as in the presence of God. When you prepare for God you tend to think clearly and make wise choices. This is good living and a good life always follows.

No comments:

Post a Comment